Thursday, October 16, 2008

Prototype SASE letter

This is what I've been working on for the last song and a half. I tried to keep it short, informative, apologetic, and have a bit of personality (which is what the Nexus should have and I think we're well on our way to achieving that). If you have suggestions, let me know.

Thank you for your submission, but we are no longer accepting print submissions. Please feel free to e-mail your piece(s) to wsunexus.submissions@gmail.com. Do not send attachments; Paste your work in the body of the e-mail.

The Nexus is going through a period of transformation and shall soon emerge from its cocoon as a much better journal. Until that time, things are going to be messy. Please excuse our temporary disorder and be on the lookout for the new and improved Nexus.

Thank your for your patience,
Aaron Larson
Editor of WSU Nexus


Please be critical of this. It'll be what everyone who has submitted will see, and I want it to be as close to perfect as we can get it. In the meantime, I'm going to start working on the rejection letter.

1 comment:

Maximilian said...

Aaron, Doug was saying that Gmail could probably handle attachments, where as the WSU email accounts couldn't if there was a virus. I'll let him give you the specifics. Otherwise, I think it's fine.